This is the first time I make a glider like model aircraft. I build and make the plans for this MQ-9 Reaper because there are many request for this UAV drone and it looks cool with all bombs and missiles it can carries. Learning from many previous model on Youtube videos, I decided to make the size of it with 2500mm wingspan, to give lighter wing loading. I enlarge the wing area almost doubled also made the stabilizers a bit bigger then the scale for maintaining stabilization. Surprisingly it take off without any issue and fly very stable and floating.
1. Wingspan 2500 mm / 98.4 inches
2. Flying weight : 1800 grams/ 63.5 oz
3. Wing loading :33.7 gram/dm2 - 11 oz/sq.ft.
4. Wing cube loading : 4.6
5. Wing Area : 53.46 dm2 / 829 sq.in.
6. CG : 8 cm / 3.14 inch from LE (leading edge on root chord)
- DXW 3536 1200kv
- 50A ESC
- Battery Lipo 3S 2200mah
- 3 x 9 gram servos (micro servo)
- 1 X standard servo
- 50mm, 60mm foam wheels
1. 5mm + 3mm Foamboard/ Depron/ Polyfoam
2. 3mm + 9mm Plywood
3. 0.1mm Mica Plastic
4. hot glue, UHU glue, CA glue
5. laminating film
1. Hot glue gun
2. Heat gun
3. Covering iron